Read more in the MJ Care Long-Term Care Brochure Download »
Value of Contract Therapy
Understanding the Value of Contract Therapy
The business of providing successful therapy in long term care is a true challenge and one that requires operational and clinical support from a comprehensive contract therapy company with a specialized team of seasoned professionals. Your therapists, without that support, may feel alone to successfully manage, grow the therapy case load and build revenue. What a daunting task in today's ever changing and uncertain PPS documentation, billing and reimbursement environment.
As a contract therapy company, MJ Care's philosophy is multi-dimensional. We provide strong clinical programs, focused financial revenue sharing and responsive customer service. Detailed insight and perspectives from treating therapists, management and consultants encourage collaboration and ensure a facility operates with clinical excellence, strong revenue growth and targeted outcomes that bring ultimate benefit to everyone.
The Value of MJ Care
- Patient-Focused Services
- A cohesive vision with program, treatment and financial goals that encourage formal and informal lines of communication between therapists and departments
- Streamlined documentation allowing therapists more time with their patients
- Therapists focused on building caseloads and developing new programs to address evolving patient needs
- Therapists watchful of long-term residents experiencing potential functional decline who target pain, mobility and wellness issues
- New employee orientation, staff in-service and patient specific education
- Patient screening on admission, re-admission, annually, change of condition and upon request
- Consultation with nursing, dietary, social services or other appropriate departments to meet the therapy needs of weekday, late Friday or Saturday admissions
- An on-site and fully-dedicated Rehab Director who manages the staff and all daily clinical operations within the department
- A Rehab Tech who manages clinic office duties to provide therapists quality time to treat patients
New Revenue Opportunities
- A therapy department that is a significant source of facility revenue
- Balanced contract terms assuring shared and profitable revenues, no longer viewed as a continuing drain on facility budget
- No recruitment, labor, healthcare or employee benefit costs to the facility
- Coverage seven days a week for timely evaluation and treatment to ensure appropriate RUG levels are met and reimbursement maximized
- Specialized modalities-based programs with new treatment opportunities that produce stronger patient outcomes and new Medicare revenue
- Case management to ensure appropriate RUG reimbursement
- Marketing support to help build Medicare census and revenue
- Discipline specific consultants provide continuous training and support to develop and implement new treatment techniques, update state or federal laws and monitor documentation or reimbursement changes that affect their discipline and the partnering facility
- Staff development and training programs created by nationally-recognized professionals to foster continuing education
- Falls prevention, Wii gaming, wellness, VitalStim, dining, dementia and other specialty programs designed specifically to address the 24 quality indicators
- Comprehensive restorative nursing program and documentation manuals to support recent reimbursement opportunities
- Clinical and operational support by a regional director who visits routinely and maintains consistent contact with nursing and administration
- Corporate office staff including billing specialists, marketing professionals and IT technicians ready to find solutions for routine and special case needs
- MDS assessment support on all Medicare and Medicaid patients
- Medicare/PPS meeting participation and daily coordination with nursing, therapy and billing
- Experienced clinical and reimbursement consultants responsible for quality compliance surveys
- Full HIPAA compliance
Our therapists manage the department and provide the systems, continuing education, revenue generating structure, training and support necessary to properly serve your resident population and generate new cash that flows directly to the facility's bottom line.
History and experience indicate that therapy companies bring new and vital perspectives to your overall program - significantly increasing operational health and quality of residents' lives. Many facilities that choose to partner with MJ Care improve their Medicare and case mix. They have experienced average revenue increases of more than 100% over a three year period.
To learn more on how MJ Care's therapy programs can benefit your residents as well as your bottom line, click here to contact our Marketing Departmnet.